Friday, November 1, 2013

Color Dare #67 - Black & White & Green

This weeks dare combines the classic with a unexpected pop. Black and white always makes a striking combination. Adding just one color kicks it up a notch. We were asked to use a green as our added color, but were given the choice on which green we wanted to use. I choose Pear, and used it minimally to make a big impact. 

  • On a White Daisy panel, with Black ink, I stamped a swirl from the Swirls Around stamp set and the flower and sentiment from the Merry and Bright set.
  • With Pear ink, I stamped the bird from the Merry and Bright set.
  • I added a strip of Black Shimmer Trim towards the bottom of the panel.
  • I created a dimensional flower from Black and Pear cardstock, then added a few doodles with a white gel pen.
  • I layered the completed panel onto a black panel and then onto a White Daisy card.

Which shade of green will you choose? I can't wait to see!  Join the Color Dare: http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Gretchen, this is gorgeous! I love the layers, the little pops of green, and that amazing flourish. Such a great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those layers and the diagonal swirl, bright pear bird and doodled flowers! Very pretty card, Gretchen! thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another badge is in your future. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another badge is in your future. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful in its simplicity. Love the pop of green.

    ReplyDelete