Friday, November 15, 2013

Color Dare #69 - Smokey Plum, Goldrush, & Olive

Although a dusky representative of the classic secondary colors, I wasn't so sure about this week's challenge.  But that's why I joined this design team - to be challenged by new and exciting color combinations, different than the ones I automatically gravitate to.  It turns out Smokey Plum, Goldrush, and Olive make a lovely combination for fall!


  • Cardstock:  Colonial White and Smokey Plum
  • Stamp sets:
    • Flower & Leaves from Happy Autumn (Goldrush & Olive inks)
      • I stamped one flower on the card for spacing and stamped the leaves and berries around it.
      • Then I stamped another flower on another piece of cardstock, cut it out, and layered it above the card to add dimension.
    • Berry Spray from Merry & Bright (Smokey Plum ink)
    • Thinking of You from Sincere Expressions (Smokey Plum ink)
  • Embellishments:
    • Washi Tape
    • Paper Flower - originally Creme Brulee, I stippled it with Goldrush ink to deepen the color
    • Butterfly cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

Take us up on the challenge and use these colors on your own creation.  Join the Color Dare: http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Great balance of your images. Love the touch of Washi tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Gretchen, this is an unexpectedly lovely colour combination. I like how you stamped off your berry spray and leaves--gives great interest and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Gretchen! I love how you made the focal picture extend across the card. I always enjoy viewing your artwork.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete